Every year on October 4th the world celebrates National Taco Day, an entire holiday dedicated entirely to tacos. If you, like many are a taco lover than you know just how amazing tacos are and how they are completely worth their own holiday. Here at Borracha, a Henderson Restaurant, we agree with taco lovers from all over the world and think National Taco Day is worth the fuss. This is why we are hosting our very own National Taco Day celebration in honor of one of our favorite holidays.
If you are as excited about National Taco Day as we are, then we want to make sure you have plenty of fun facts about tacos to share with your friends in honor of this most special day.
- Americans love tacos, just like you! Did you know that Americans consume over 4 billion tacos every year? That’s a lot of tortillas. So, next time your friends try to tell you that you’re obsessed with tacos, you can rest easy knowing you’re not alone, there are lots of other Americans that are obsessed with tacos as well.
- The first taco truck was opened in 1966 by two housewives. You can thank them for the taco trucks you know and love today.
- The fish taco originated in Ensenada, Mexico. Another fun fact about this seafood treat, fish tacos are considered a lunch food in Mexico, not a dinner entree.
- Singer Chava Flores probably loves tacos even more than you do. The famed singer once actually wrote a song about tacos called “La Taquiza.”
- You can thank Taco Bell for the U-shaped crispy taco shell. If you love the convenience and the crunch of this u-shaped shell, you have Taco Bell to thank. The founder of the fast-food establishment actually created this taco shell.
- You can get $1 tacos at Borracha in honor of National Taco Day. Yes, on October 4th, 2017 you can come into Borracha Vegas and enjoy $1 regular tacos all day long. Choose from chicken, steak or pork, no matter what you prefer, we have the classic Borracha tacos you love all for just $1.
Now that you know plenty about tacos and even more about the fun of National Taco Day, it’s time to celebrate by heading down to Borracha Vegas to get in on all of our National Taco Day festivities.