Mexican Independence Day is here, and at Borracha Mexican Cantina, we couldn’t be more excited to celebrate this fun and festive holiday. This Saturday, September 16th we will be hosting an event in honor of Mexican Independence Day and inviting all of our patrons to come out and enjoy the fun.
Because we’re SO excited for this annual celebration, we’ve decided to share five fun facts all in honor of Mexican Independence Day so you can get as excited as we are about the festivities to come.
- Mexican Independence Day is September 16th, not May 5th. Sure Cinco de Mayo is a fun celebration and here at Borracha, we love celebrating May 5th. But contrary to popular belief, it is not the actual day of independence for the country. Cinco de mayo is actually celebrating the victory of the Mexican people over Spain at the Battle of Puebla in 1862, not the country’s independence.
- Mexico got their Independence in 1821. Those native to Mexico have been celebrating their Declaration of Independence for quite some time, as the country finally declared on September 28th, 1821.
- There are Mexican Independence Day celebrations all over the globe. Sure you will find big celebrations in Mexico, but you will also find celebrations all over the world, especially in the United States. Los Angeles, Houston and San Diego have some of the biggest city-wide celebrations, but we like to think that they still can’t compare to Borracha’s party.
- The colors of the flag are symbolic. On Mexican Independence Day chances are you are going to find a number of people wearing the red, white and green of the flag. However, did you know that these colors actually have a symbolic meaning? Green celebrates Mexican independence, white celebrates religion and the red is the union of religion and independence.
- Borracha Mexican Cantina has THE BEST Mexican Independence Day party around. This is our favorite fun fact about the holiday, and with just one look at our specials you will see why we have the best celebration for this event. During our celebration will be offering some serious drink specials including $10 Hornitos Margarita Bowls and $8 Hornitos Tequinis all evening long. To really get everyone in the mood, we will have a Mariachi Trio playing from 6-7:30 PM, live right in our cantina. They are sure to get anyone in the spirit for Mexican Independence Day so you won’t want to miss them. Starting at 8 PM we will also have a live DJ so you can continue the celebration all night long.
Our Mexican Independence Day celebration is here, so make sure you come in to Borracha, a Green Valley Ranch Restaurant to celebrate. We look forward to seeing you there!